Well, they probably won't happen. I know these things happen to a select few and I hope you've either been one of them or will be one day. But for most of us, me for example, here are some things that did not happen when I sold my first novel.
1. Oprah did not call me for an appearance.
2. George Lucas did not ask me to rewrite my novel into a screen play.
3. Mattel did not create a set of action figures based on my protagonists.
5. My publisher did not fly me to New York so I could do the round of the morning shows.
6. Borders and Barnes and Nobles did not have a midnight release party for my book.
7.Internet discussion groups were not created to discuss my novel.
8.The worldwide net did not crash because of the millions flocking to my website to read more.
9.My publisher did not offer me a seven figure deal for the next book in the series, sight unseen.
10.No one stole copies of my book two days ahead of time and published the last chapters on the web to ruin the ending for everyone.
Â Please feel free to add to my list and let us know if one of these things has happened to you. I'm sure we'll all keep on writing anyway because it might happen one day. And we love it no matter what. Visit my website and see if you can bring the entire network down,. LOL
or read my book and recommend it to Oprah
THE GREATER GOOD,Â available at www.newconceptspublishing.com